Sunday 2 September 2012

# 108 Standing by your principals

I'm writing this naming no names because it isn't necessary and because it can apply to so many things. But I need to say this because I have been in a particularly frustrating situation over the last few days and it needs getting out of my system.

If you're going to follow a set of principals, a belief or a way of life you can't choose the bits you want from it and then contradict it when it suits you. Especially when you are so dismissive or other people when they don't agree with you. Even worse that you still hold to those principals after contradicting them.

I appreciate that our ideals change as we go through life. Our experiences shape us all. Changing how you see the world and react to it IS expected and actively encouraged. I have changed over the years. I hardly remember feeling as passionate about some things now as I did when I was younger.

But sticking to your beliefs so vehemently and then doing something that totally contradicts them whilst still supporting those beliefs makes me question the validity of a friendship where someone can turn on a sixpence with such ease. Especially when you are doubling back on yourself hoping no one will find out what you've done because you know it's wrong.

I am pleased that I am the type of person who can walk away from this silliness and that I don't feel the need to endure it. Sadly it does mean ditching people every so often but I have reached that point in my life when I'd rather have a few good friends than a bunch of hypocrites. So my friends are now one lighter and I don't feel bad for that.

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment