Friday 29 June 2012

# 94 Not meant for publication

I have 23 drafts of blog entries that are unlikely to ever be published. Some of them are there because I couldn't get a handle on the subject enough to turn them into a worthwhile posting. Others were never meant to be seen.

Do you ever get the urge to tell someone exactly what you think of them no matter how much it might hurt or how much damage it might do to your relationship with them? Sometimes I feel like I'm in an episode of Six Feet Under where in some parallel dream sequence everyone acts on impulse.


Those completed posts which keep their draft status are basically rants, I have to get it out of my system somehow or I might punch a wall. They are the things I would never say to people's faces because I know the effect they would have. But secretly I wish I didn't care that much and just said what I thought.

So for now, Blogger shall be my listening ear. Because sometimes I have to VENT.

2 comments:

  1. How will anyone know how you feel if you do not express yourself by publishing articles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are comments not meant for everyone to see, so publishing it here would be rather unfair on the other people involved when I haven't given them the chance to respond privately. And sometimes our judgement is clouded. I don't always think things through in situations and sometimes react off the top of my head, sometimes I need to get things out but then come back to it when I've had a chance to think things through properly. Often I will think better of it when I've had a chance to calm down. I've learnt not to say the first thing that comes into my head. I don't necessarily see the all over picture in situations or know all sides of the story, we all get caught up in the heat of the moment sometimes. Speaking first and thinking of the consequences later is a no going back situation.

      Delete