Friday 4 January 2013

# 1 (2013) Kick Start

Four days into the new year and I haven't yet posted up. What's going on? Quite simply, nothing has inspired me. I  guess it's because nothing feels any different. The numbers on the calendar may have changed but nothing else has.

Post 'bucketlist' (which I haven't started yet) the only thing I have thought about is getting a job. I've allowed myself this week off (not that I deserved it) and at last I have shaken off the winter bug I've had since mid December so I have no excuses for not going back to the studio and putting plans into action.

I have a few shoots to plan for February but I feel enormously uninspired and unemotional about anything. Is it post Christmas malaise, the winter blues or am I just fed up of working for nothing? There is nothing like the lure of money to inspire work and of course those commissions pay bills. The pressure is on and it's hard to enjoy being creative when it's not supporting you the way it's supposed to.

I shall treat Monday like the first day back at work. I shall start setting the alarm for a reasonable hour and make lists to make sure I have deadlines to hit every day. Between now and the end of April I have several very important things to sort out which all have very certain deadlines.

I hope that once I get back into that routine my brain will follow suit. Of course a little spring weather would go a long way to helping with this.

Here's a dog dressed as a walrus because why not? (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment