Wednesday 30 January 2013

# 17 (2013) Stop F*****g Talking

Do you know what's the worst thing about living in an old house? I mean worse than the damp, the cold, the fact that I might as well burn money for all the difference the central heating makes.

It's thin walls. I mean THIN walls. I can hear EVERYTHING in this house. It doesn't matter if you're on a different level, have the radio on, or you're the neighbours next door. I hear everything. From the switching on of a light to running up and down the stairs. So you can imagine what I else I hear on a regular basis. These things I don't need to hear. Meh.

I never lived in old houses until I came to Lincoln. I was always in 1960s (ish) builds in brand new villages. This was when they were built well, before they became shoe boxes you couldn't get your sofa through the front door of.  And when walls were thick.

Just saying.

Lincoln - old (source)


No comments:

Post a Comment