Sunday 1 January 2012

#1 New Years Resolutions....

Well hello 2012! 


I don't usually take New Year Resolutions seriously, they are made to be broken and, invariably, are. Why does January 1st mean all of a sudden you should make changes to your life that could have happened on any given day? All that aside, as I embark on what I hope to be the most interesting year of my life to date, I have decided to do several things which I hope will be of interest:

A blog a day for 2012. And here it is. This dovetails with my second resolution;

A photograph a day for 2012.

Follow Friday - better known on Twitter as #FF. I think it's important to give a heads up to the good guys at the end of every week.

The soundtrack to my year. This will be an ongoing project I will post up via Spotify.  Mine is a very eclectic mix of tastes so you should get an interesting selection. 

Thanks to a couple of thought provoking bits of text - one of which is here:



I have decided to do the following: 


Read - I used to read addictively up until my early 20s. It's a skill I have lost because other things have taken over and I would like to re-learn the art of getting lost in a good book. I replaced reading with music and learnt to multi-task but you can't read and do something else at the same time - I think that is the crux of the matter. I want to read progressively, interestingly and on a deeper level and broaden my mind. 

Be single - I am determined to operate more effectively on an independent level. I consider myself very independent but I have rarely been single in the last 19 years. So the aim is to enjoy it at a time when I need to be at my most liberated and self-sufficient.

Be more positive - there's just no excuse for me being the negative pain in the arse I have been in 2011.

Remain liberated and open minded - because it is one of the things I love most about myself. Nothing shocks me. I love the weird and the wonderful and I'd like to become more immersed in it. Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment