Sunday 15 January 2012

# 15 What to write about when there's nothing to write about

Well I can stall for a start and write about what there isn't to write about. So I suppose in the end, this means I am writing about something. That's a bit of a cop out isn't it? Oh who cares. Time for a little nonsense, it is still the weekend just about after all. Here's a round-up of the other bits that didn't fit in to the last two week's of blogs.....

There are some amusing random websites I haven't mentioned yet. They are full of pointless funnies, journal entries, amusing or bewildering photographs. Like this one called Black and WTF which I LOVE. It's loaded with random vintage and antique photographs that prove our ancestors did have a sense of humour after all. It's also regularly updated meaning there's always a fresh batch to keep you popping back. This is one of my favourites. I mean, what the hell is this all about?


I am afraid I am also a big fan of the I Can Has Cheezburger phenomenom since my brother was bought one of the books. Monorail cat gets me every time. I mean, how can you not laugh at this?


Funny cat pictures continue to find space on the internet. Here's another one you have to laugh at:

Buzzfeed is another of those websites that turns up trumps every so often. Things like this have me in tears for laughing and sometimes you just need a good laugh and nothing else. But watch for updates, this selection is nowhere near as good as the ones I read the other day. :)

Here's something I picked up on Twitter on Wednesday. I love those tongue in cheek adverts and this one for Photoshop of Horrors is a classic example. Of course there's a serious message behind it and it's one that's been bantered around a lot. Yet still we use celebrities and advertising as our markers for style, acceptable good looks and idealised imagery. Will we never learn?

And here's some Animal World stuff for you. Afraid of creepy crawlies - look away now!

Spiders are cute! Courtesy of 'The Daily Beast'

No comments:

Post a Comment