Thursday 29 March 2012

# 79 Wheels

Okay, so this pretty awesome thing happened on Wednesday which also happened to be my birthday. I picked up a brand new car from a showroom in Lincoln.

I have always owned a car since I passed my test in 1995. It has been my lifeline - the knowledge that, even if I didn't, I could get in my car and drive wherever I wanted. When I went to Uni I gave it up and sold my fabulous Toyota Carina. I knew I wouldn't be able to afford to run it and to be honest I didn't need it that often. But I've always regretted the decision even if it was the right one.

So the one thing I promised myself when I left Uni was a new car - a business investment predominantly. And now it's happened. Thanks to a great deal plus three hours of haggling at my local Peugeot showroom I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2012 plate 107. Yes, I know it's not much, but it's mine, and it's reliable and I can go wherever I want again.

It means I can turn my back on getting to shoots towing a case full to the brim, I can arrive fresh and de-stressed and I will now rarely have to use trains, buses and National Express coaches. Amen to that.

Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment